Extract obtained from dried & pulverized seeds!
Seeds from the wine grapes are used for their extract in a number of medicinal use. Grapeseed extract is obtained from dried, and pulverized seeds of the grapes. The seeds are rich in antioxidants, vitamin C and K, and proanthocyanidins, and have healing properties. One of the 8000 species, wine grapes are the sweeter version of grapes than the table grapes, with thicker peel and ironically, sweeter taste. Botanically a berry, Wine grapes are native to the Mediterranean Region, Central Europe and SouthWestern Asia.
Grapes are being cultivated for 8000 years.
Some Amazing Benefits
- Grape Seed Extracts reduce oxidative stress and damage, protecting heart health.
- GSE slows the ageing of the brain and prevents cognitive decline supporting better function.
- Improves the body’s collagen levels and bone strength, and is used in dietary supplements.
- Promotes kidney health, by protecting it from inflammatory and oxidative damage.
Frequently asked questions
● Can grape seed extract help in preventing skin cancer?
A study published by the journal Molecular Nutrition and Food Research stated that proanthocyanidins in GSE can lower the intensity and development of skin cancer.
● Does GSE prevent Candida?
Grape seed oil is enriched with polymeric flavan-3-ols, which are potent to prevent mucosal infections like vaginal candidiasis.
● Which form of grape seed is more potent?
Grape seed extract in powder form is the most potent form to consume, as it is richest in nutrients and contains resveratrol and proanthocyanidins.
● How wine grapes are different from table grapes?
Wine grapes have a thicker layer of skin, with more seeds, whereas table grapes have thinner skin and are harvested to produce less to no seeds to suit raw consumption.
Fun facts about Grapeseed
- Grapes exist on the planet since 65v million years ago.
- Grapes contain 27% of the body’s daily vitamin C needs.
- Kyoho is the most widely grown species in the world.
- Grape cultivation alone covers 29,292 square miles around the world.