Neem : Meet the bitter but true herb!
Natural herb, neem (Azadirachta Indica)
Also known as Indian lilac and Azadirachta indica, neem is a natural herb derived from the neem tree. Grows in tropical regions such as India, neem is used as an alternative, natural medicine to treat a wide range of health issues.
A herb that heals, neem is also known as the "Miracle Tree"
Know the miracle tree!
With its beautiful rounded crowns and thick furrowed bark, the tree reaches somewhere between 15 to 30 meters in height, the tree is typically evergreen, but doesn't like extreme drought.
The tree brings attractive fragrant white flowers, these flowers are bisexual or staminate (male), and they come in clusters in the axils of the leaves. The fruit has a sweet-flavored pulp, it is a smooth yellow-green drupe. The best thing about the neem tree is that almost every part of the tree is useful due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Some amazing benefits
- Neem seeds contain azadirachtin, an active compound that fights parasites such as lice, neem helps improve hair health.
- For dental and oral health, chewing neem bark is a common practice in India, thanks to its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Neem takes good care of kidneys and liver, its antioxidants help fight oxidative stress that is caused by the buildup of unstable molecules called free radicals.
- Neem makes a perfect choice for skin health. It helps in treating acne, reduces blemishes, and improves skin elasticity.
- Neem leaf extracts are widely used for wound healing, it is widely used in ayurvedic medicines due to its healing properties.
Frequently asked questions
● Can I take neem if I have diabetes?
For those who are diabetic, it is important to track sugar levels if you are consuming neem as it can lower blood sugar levels. It is advisable to consult your healthcare professional if you have diabetes.
● How does neem benefit the skin?
Neem is used widely to treat various skin conditions. It has cooling effects that can help treat skin inflammation and sensitivity.
● Does neem help hair growth?
Neem is widely known for its medicinal properties, neem helps eliminate dandruff while promoting hair growth.
● Is neem good for teeth and gums?
Neem helps in maintaining good oral health. It prevents bleeding and sore gums and works as a perfect remedy for tooth decay.
Interesting facts about neem
- Neem juice can help in removing toxins from the body.
- Neem is rich in calcium, it helps in keeping your bones and joints healthy.
- It helps in blood production, it is rich in iron.
- Loaded with antioxidants, neem helps in boosting immunity.