The most revered medicinal herb
Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum Linn), also known as holy basil, the flowering plant from the mint family is known for its countless therapeutic properties. In the Hindu religion, tulsi is considered sacred and used in different parts of India as a medicinal herb. Adored for its distinct fragrance and unique taste, the extracts derived from tulsi are used for plenty of ailments including headaches, common cold, kidney stones, and stomach disorders, just to name a few.
This bushy plant grows in the tropical and semitropical regions and it reaches the height of 3 to 5 feet. Due to its anti-inflammatory, antiemetic, and antidiabetic properties, tulsi is used to prepare a wide range of ayurvedic medicines. According to the variety, the leaves of tulsi can be both green and purple. Tulsi is a culinary herb with a pungent flavor, adding taste and flavor to a wide variety of dishes.
Tulsi is regarded as the Mother Medicine of Nature!
Some key health benefits
- Holy basil is known to have antimicrobial activity against a wide range of microorganisms, helping against various infections.
- If you are suffering from fever, the juice obtained from tulsi leaves can prove to be helpful.
- From asthma and cough to cold and bronchitis, tulsi can be used to treat various respiratory system disorders.
- Tulsi takes care of your heart by lowering blood cholesterol levels, and it also strengthens the kidneys.
- If you are dealing with stress, tulsi leaves can help. Make sure to consult a doctor to know the amount to consume.
Frequently asked questions
● What are the other benefits of tulsi?
Tulsi helps in sharpening memory and calming the nerves.
● Is tulsi good for oral health?
Tulsi kills bacteria that are responsible for dental cavities, plaque, tartar, as well as bad breath, it's a great mouth freshener.
● Does tulsi help reduce depression?
Yes, it does. Tulsi has both antidepressant and anti-anxiety properties, and it's a great choice to reduce stress and depression.
● Is tulsi good for the eyes?
For those who face eye problems like sore eyes and poor night vision, tulsi helps in soothing the eyes.
Some interesting facts
- Chewing tulsi is one of the best ways to bring positive changes in people dealing with dry cough.
- Tulsi makes a great choice for skin health, this is the reason why it is used in various soaps and skincare products.
- Tulsi is a holy plant that symbolizes purity.
- Tulsi is also a remarkable insect repellent