Also known as horseradish tree, drumstick tree, or ben oil tree, Moringa oleifera is a huge tree native to North India. Due to its extensive health benefits and medicinal properties, moringa is popular for centuries. From seeds and flowers to leaves and roots, every part of this tree is used for medicinal purposes in one way or another. Moringa is loaded with anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antifungal properties, making it a useful ingredient in many health and beauty products as well as for curing a number of diseases.
A nutrient dense superfood for better immunity!
Key benefits of moringa
- A great source of vitamins and minerals, a key ingredient in many traditional herbal medicines.
- Being rich in antioxidants, moringa acts against free radicals in the body.
- Moringa helps lower blood pressure and keeps your blood sugar within healthy limits.
- It helps reduce inflammation caused by infections or injuries.
- Moringa helps lower cholesterol levels, making it healthy for your heart.
Frequently asked question
● Why should I take moringa?
Call it one of the most nutrient-dense superfoods, moringa is packed with antioxidants that help in protecting cells from damage while boosting immunity. Including moringa in your diet offers amazing benefits to overall health.
● Does moringa improve skin health?
Moringa contains protein that protects skin from cell damage. It also has some hydrating and detoxifying effects that help in boosting skin and hair health.
● Does moringa help reduce stomach complaints?
Thanks to the antibacterial and antibiotic properties of moringa, it can help in stomach disorders such as constipation, gastritis, and ulcerative colitis.
● Can moringa improve bone health?
Being rich in calcium and phosphorous, moringa helps in making bones strong and healthy. It helps in conditions such as arthritis and may also heal damaged bones.
Interesting facts about moringa
- Moringa has 7 times more vitamin C as compared to oranges.
- It has 15 times more potassium than bananas.
- Moringa helps in purifying water.
- Moringa is rich in fiber that keeps you full for a long time.